Sunday, May 4, 2014

Wal-Mart Concussion

SMACK!

That was the sound of my head slamming into the floor of the Wal-Mart fishing aisle. I had just passed out looking at the overwhelming selection of fishing gear.

I'm not sure if you have ever been in the fishing section, but it is a smorgasbord of disaster. It is jam packed with thousands of items in bags the size you see drugs sold in. In those one million tiny bags are what seems like 1 million different weights, sizes, colors, styles, shapes, and flavors of whatevers. How in the hell am I supposed to know what I need!?




1/16th ounce. Rattlin'. Heavy Action. Ultra Lite. Monofiliment. Baitcast. Spinners. Tubes. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

This initial experience was way too confusing for me and my fishing-aisle based concussion. I figured I better go home and break this new experience down in the comfort and safety of my soft bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment