Monday, May 5, 2014

Freshwater vs Saltwater

One of the things that occurred to me while picking up my fishing license was that I needed to decide whether to focus on freshwater or saltwater fishing to get my feet wet (literally)*. This decision would also determine what equipment I would be buying. 

The closest saltwater body near me is the Chesapeake Bay which is 1 hour away in the middle of the night and 2 hours due to the terrible local traffic. I know nothing about it and I don't have a boat. Sounds like fun. Not!

Freshwater bodies on the other hand are all over the place. There is even a stocked lake* only 10 miles from my crib. This seems like one of the easiest choices I've made since I had to decide between NY Pizza and Chicago Pizza*. Freshwater (NY) it is!




Now that I knew which designation to get I dropped that skrilla and I happy to report that I am now legal! I'm a licensed fisherman! Hide yo' wife, hide yo' fish!


  1. You typically have to get a separate license for saltwater and freshwater because government
  2. A stocked lake is one where fish are loaded in a dump truck and dumped into a lake with trash
  3. Deep dish pizza sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment