Saturday, May 3, 2014

Some Preliminary Research


I am the kind of person who doesn't like to just jump into something. So when I decided I was going to become a fisherman I didn't just grab a pole and head to the lake. Instead, hoping to do everything right and not pick up any unbreakable bad habits, I went online and researched everything there is to know about reeling in a big one.

I read articles, I read blogs, I watched YouTube videos, I checked out books at the library, and I scoured message boards. After hour upon hour of research I learned something. There are 1 million different ways to catch a fish. Everyone has their own ideas strategies and tactics. Everyone has their own equipment, bait, and location preferences. And everyone is right. Somehow.

Oddly enough all my research actually led me to exactly what I thought. There are 5 steps to catching a fish. It's just what happens before, during, and after each step that makes everything so complicated...or is it complicated? See below...




I'm going to have to go out on the water and find the way that works best for me. But I'm kinda feeling like that kid. Can you guys touch the fish for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment