Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Fishing Story

When I was 10 years old for reasons I can't recall, I started my fishing career. I took a toy lacrosse stick, some yarn, a fish hook, and created my very own homemade fishing rod. Every day  that summer (for a few weeks) I would head down to the creek behind my house with a few pieces of bread, put tiny pieces on the hook, and catch some very tiny fish.

The fish were so easy to catch. They were so hungry they would strike at lougies when you spit in the water. We could catch them sometimes without putting bait on the hook. Just drop the hook and bam, fish caught. Perhaps the frequency of the catches was the reason i liked it so much.




That was a long time ago. I don't even remember things like de-hooking the fish. I don't remember why I stopped. I don't remember why I didn't ask for a fishing rod. I just remember being obsessed with fishing and I'll never forget that custom rod.

My fishing story should tell you two things. First, you can catch a fish with just about any equipment. And second, fishing can become an obsession.


No comments:

Post a Comment