Friday, May 16, 2014

Acquiring Some Extra Rods

So far, I have been fishing with 1 rod only, and exclusively using lures as bait. I've done that mostly out of laziness and lack of knot tying skills. I want to be fishing, not struggling with knots and constantly changing up rigging on the shore. In fact, I only knew one knot so far...the Rapala lure knot.

In order to solve this problem, I decided I would need to get a few more fishing rods (and learn a new knot or 2).  Here's the problem. I ain't got the money for that! Well wouldn't you know it, I went to my parent's house and found 3 nice fishing rods sitting in the basement storage room. Here's another Rod...




Now when I say the word "nice" , I really mean "the worst". These Two of the rods had broken tips and missing guides and the third was a massive baitcaster with a birds nest that a pterodactyl could sit in. But if you remember back to my first fishing story, I knew that these would be good enough to catch some fish.

I decided that I won't even change the line. I will go out there and see what I can do. And if they all fail, I'd still have the trusty Gil Slayer by my side. Here goes nothin!

No comments:

Post a Comment