Friday, May 23, 2014

My First Nothing...PUNCH!

Well it was bound to happen...

I started off my fishing career with 6 straight trips where I landed a decent fish. That is pretty crazy. Especially when you consider the lake I fish at is known for shutting out even the most experienced fisherman. I've already got some fishing stories about bluegill, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, blue catfish, and black crappie.

And now...a story about nothing...I finally went to the lake for a day of fishing and was completely shutout.




Let me tell you something you already know. Not catching fish is freaking frustrating. By the end of my day on the lake I wanted to punch everyone I saw. These two teenage girls laughing and chatting (and not fishing). PUNCH! The kids screaming and running past me on the lake scaring away all the fish. PUNCH! My fishing equipment that wasn't catching anything. PUNCH!

Not only did I come home with no fish, I lost 3 bobbers. I actually lost more but ended up salvaging them. PUNCH!

While this was my worst day fishing and I wanted to quit soon after, it was an important part of my fishing career. You have to fail to succeed (and other motivational quotes about people who suck and fail).  Blah!

Let's not let this happen again...


No comments:

Post a Comment